Knowing you are different; you see things people can’t, you hear voices nobody notices, you have dreams nobody even has a concept of, you lead a life nobodys understands… And sometimes in the early years of your life you feel drained.You come to a point you have to choose; between you and another version of you…
This book is all about that… Touches the heart dearly…
Hope you like it..
* I want to continue being mad,living my life the way I dream it,and not the way other people want it to be.
* They think they are normal,because they all do the same thing.
* People never learn anything by being told,they have to find out for themselves.
* Madness is the inability to communicate your ideas.It’s as if you were in a foreign country,able to see and understand everything that’s going on around you,but incapable of explaining what you need to know or of being helped ,because you don’t understand the language they speak there.
* What makes a person hate themselves??
-Cowardice perhaps .Or the eternal fear of being wrong,of not doing what others expect.
* The happier people can be, the unhappier they are.
* You have two choices;to control your mind or to let your mind control you.
* There are only two prohibitions,one according to man’s law,the other according to God’s;Never force a sexual relationship on anyone,because that is considered to be rape.And never have sexual relations with children,because that is the worst of all sins.Apart from that,you are free.There is always someone who wants exactly what you want.
* ”Am I cured?”
”No .You are someone who is different ,but who wants to be the same as everyone else.And that,in my view,is a serious illness.”
‘‘Is wanting to be different a serious illness?”
”It is if you force yourself to be the same as everyone else;it causes neuroses,psychoses and paronia.It’s a distortion of nature,it goes against God’s Laws ,for in all the world’s woods and forests ,He did not create a single leaf the same as another.But you think it’s mad to be different and that’s why you choose to live in a hospital for mads,because everyone is different here,and so you appear to be the same as everyone else.Do you understand?People go against the nature because they lack the courage to be different,and the orgaism starts to produce Bitterness .
* The man and woman who shook the world were ordinary men ad women ,like him,like his father,like the girlfriend he knew he was losing.They were full of the same doubts and anxieties that all human beings experienced in their daily routine.They were people who had no special interest in religion or God,in expending their minds or reaching a new level of conciousness ,until one day they simply decided to change everything .The most interesting thing about the book was that it told how,in each of those lives,there was a single magical moment that made them set off their own vision of Paradise.
They were people who had not allowed their lives to pass by blankly,and who,to achieve what they wanted,had begged for alms or courted kings,used diplomacy or force,flouted laws or faced the wrath of the powers-that-be,but who had never given up,and were always able to see the advantages in any difficulty that presented itself.
Veronica Decides to Die- Paulo Coelho