I remember the day I bought the book..
I remember loosing myself as ı was reading it, and the thinking that follows;’ did ı really lose myself, or was I totally present, that I actually find myself ?”
There is more, much more in the book..
These are only the ones that I could write…
* In order to forget the rules,you must know them and respect them.
* We don’t believe that God made the universe.We believe that God is the universe and that we are contained in Him,and He in us..
* We can project anything onto the darkness ,and we usually project our own ghosts.
* Don’t be like those people who believe in ‘positive thinking’ and tell themselves that they are loved and strong and capable.You don’t need to do that ,because you know it already.And when you doubt it –which happens,I think,quite often at this state of evolution-do as I suggested.Instead of trying to prove that you are better than you think ,just laugh.Laugh at your worries and insecurities.View your anxieties with humour.It will be difficult at first,but you will gradually get used to it.
* Divine Individual Progres;
1-Persona:the mask that we use everyday,pretending to be who we are.We believe that the world depends on us,that we are wonderful parents and that our children don’t understand us,that our bosses are unfair,that the dream of every human being is never to work and travel constantly.Many people realise that there is something wrong with this story ,but because they don’t want to change anything ,they quickly drive the thought from their head.A few do try to understand what is wrong and end up finding the Shadow.
2-The Shadow is our dark side ,which dictates how we should act and behave .When we try to free ourselves from the Persona ,we turn on a light inside us and we see the cobwebs,the cowardice,the meanness.The Shadow is there to stop our progress ,and it usually succeeds,and we run back what we were before we doubted.However ,some do survive this encounter with their own cobwebs,saying;’Yes I have a few faults ,but I am good enough,and I want to go forward.’’
And at this moment the shadow disappears and we come into contact with the Soul.
3-The Soul ;By soul,Jung didnt mean ‘soul’ in the religious sense;he speaks of a return to the Soul of the World,the source of all knowledge.Instincts become sharper,emotions more radical,the interpretation of signs becomes more important than logic,perception of reality grow less rigit.We start to struggle with things to which we are unaccustomed and we start to react in ways that we ourselves find unexpected.
4-Wise Old Man-the Great Mother;And than we discover that if we can channel that continuous flow of energy,we can organize it around a very solid centre,what Jung calls the Wise Old Man for men,and the Great Mother for women.
* That is what life is like for people like you and me.We are constantly destroying and rebulding ourselves.Everything in your life has followed the same pattern;from lost to found;from divorce to new love;from working in a bank to selling real estate in the desert.Only one thing remains intact-your son.He is the connecting thread,and you must respect that.
* Don’t let yourself be weighed down by what other people think,because in a few years,in a few decades ,or in a few centuries ,that way of thinking will be changed.Live now what others will only live in the future.
The Witch of Portobello